Thursday, January 19, 2006

how romantic.

charles.jpg
a & d on the charles, circa 1999

on this day, seven years ago ann and dabney admitted their mutual affection for each other... in a bar. how romantic. before they made their union official in the commonwealth of massachusetts, they used to celebrate this day usually at their favorite neighborhood restaurant with a nice bottle of champagne and some fancy vittles. but in the wake of the fanfare from their '03 wedding, the day has been relegated to the ordinary of any other day. this year, dabney is even celebrating on an island in the caribbean, without ann, in tent with her mother. ann is ringing it in by taking the dog for walk, doing some paperwork, going to the gym, and later nodding off in front of the tv. how romantic.

11 comments:

Ashbloem said...

That's so sweet. I'll celebrate it with you, Annie.

Maybe that's weird, however.

Hmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

lol. fine by me, as long as meat is part of our celebration. (does that sound bad? hmmm.)

Anonymous said...

man, oh man! time flies, huh, brutha?!

Anonymous said...

congrats, my dears!

love to you both,
Michelle

Notyomomma said...

I can come over and dance around in my big furry hat. I could maybe perhaps also let you beat me at poker ONE more time.

Anonymous said...

only if jamiroquai is playing in the background...

Ashbloem said...

OK, wait, now that I'm thinking about it: what's so unromantic about admitting mutual affection in a bar? People do it every day. And it's pretty cute.

Anonymous said...

hmmm... how about versus a moonlit beach, the top of the eiffel tower, etc?

Terra said...

Love is love, no matter how you slice it or where you declare it. What's important is that it is declared to begin with, right?

Ya'll are so adorable in that photo, I can barely stand it.

pupil said...

I met The Maggot in a bar. The rest is history, as They say.

Anonymous said...

Yay! January must be a good month for luv.