Wednesday, August 01, 2007

check the blue section

last week, while dabney and wilhelm were simultaneously surfing the 'net on the couch in the living room, my ocd flared up, as it has a tendency to do - especially when i am bored. right then and there, despite the late hour of 11:30 pm, i decided our bookshelves needed an overhaul.

i pulled every book out of its dusty little nook and began stacking them on the floor around the two computer nerds. i discovered we have a lot of books that date back farther than i really want to admit. in fact, both dabney's and my high school, college, and graduate school careers could be tracked through the collection; homeric greek, religion 101, feminist theory, film criticism, statistics...

inspired by a picture i had seen in dwell magazine a couple of months ago, i decided that the books should be arranged by color: whites, yellows, orange, green, blue, black, silver... looking for the inferno? why, that would be in the red section!

here is the 1/2 of the result, after final primping by dabney.

Bookshelves (revistited)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Wanna come over & do mine?

Ashbloem said...

I have to admit, it does look good. I am tempted to do it too, but I know I'd never find anything.

Anonymous said...

Ok so my OCD is twitching with one question...what to do with book series with different color covers. Does my eye spy the Harry Potter books in the bottom right? Those would need to be together regardless of color. And if they aren't when I come and visit, they will be by the time I leave:)

Unknown said...

Love it. Where did you get the Matryoshka bank again?