Friday, February 17, 2006

sigh. ramble, ramble. sigh.

as you all know, ann is in st. louis defending her honor, which leaves dabney in the house alone - without annie AND without feidler - for the first time in a very long time. when you spend a lot of time with another person, it is too easy to settle into a routine where you rely on said person to provide structure and entertainment for your life (and if you know ann, you know she is completely capable of entertaining you for long periods of time). it usually takes awhile to adjust to being alone.

so, until then, dabney must wonder, "what should i do with myself this week?"

she would say that she'll do an all veggie bonanza, in response to meat week, but that how she lives all the time anyway.

so far, she's pestered ashbloem and the american boy quite a bit. she shamelessly invited herself over for dinner two nights ago, then tagged along with the two of them to a free whiskey tasting last night, even though she really never ever drinks whiskey.

today, in an attempt to do something useful, she worked on something that she's been wanting to make for a very long time: a tooth fairy pillow.

Image053.jpg

the black gap in the teeth is the actual pocket, which fits a tooth and is just big enough for a quarter. (is that how much teeth are going for these days? a quarter?)

ignore the camel toe puckering in the crotchal region and the odd shiny quality to the fabric. before she made an actual silkscreen, dabney wanted to do a quick protoype to see what it might look like, so she used iron-on transfer paper.

thank god she has plans to go to vermont this weekend to visit lucy, the tall guy, and evan.

10 comments:

Terra said...

Yo, girl. You know you can always shack up chez interravision when you are on your lonesome. My week was boring! I could of definitely used the company. Please feel free to invite yourself over anytime. Right on.

Ashbloem said...

I LUUURRVE IT!! IT's awesome! I wish I needed a tooth fairy pillow!

And you haven't pestered. It's been nice. The whisky tasting had to be seen to be believed anyway. Aren't you glad you went? If not for the whisky, then for Gordon Gekko/Gob?

Notyomomma said...

I love, love, love it!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Me too! I love it too!

Maybe your stuffed tooth and my hedgehog can get together & make beautiful music together...

Unknown said...

I would like to order a few of those pillows, please!

Anonymous said...

i was rendered speechless by the whiskey tasting. i enjoyed you two but am still very very frightened by what i saw there.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

I think that the Tooth Fairy carries Sacagawea Dollars these days, poor thing.

Dabney, you should plan a trip to Our Nation's Capital and the rolling hills of Virginia soon.

Anonymous said...

my darling, dabney... i am ready to knock out one of my own teeth just for one of those pillows!

-a.

LP said...

Lordy, I want a tooth pillow too! Its AWWWWEEEEESSSOMMMEE.

Except- uh, my nephew got $20 for his last tooth. Maybe teh toothfairy has to stock a wad for her trip to NYC?

I use to get $5.00 for mine.

You are a genius, a lonely genius, but a genious.

LP said...

Excuse the lame ty7po- :)