Friday, January 05, 2007

slippers or moccasins? you decide.

riding on the t the other day, dabney and i couldn't help but notice a young woman sporting this footwear. this was the third such sighting in mere days.

Slippers
this time, i stealthily snapped a pic.

are slippers really in? if so, i would really love to know. i have a pair of scuffs that i have always dreamt of sporting while walking the dog.

of course, the question could be "are these slippers or are they driving moccasins (another fashion i could never wrap my head around)?" dabney and i concurred; the presence of shearling indicates slipper.

1 comment:

LP said...

OMG. I just wore my LL Bean leather slippers to the airport (as driving shoes to pick up Francine) and I wore them to Safeway. Wait, now that I think of it, a woman said she really liked them... but, this could be a bad sign because I was at the Walmart (ooh, the evil Walmart.)

Mine are awesome because they have the waterproof rubberized bottoms. (See LL Bean handsewn, fleece lined slippers, item TA46685)

Francine made fun of me, but HA! For once I am at the forefront of a trend!!!

PS Everyone in NY goes to the bodega or Starbucks in their PJs. This is not common or appreciated in AZ.)

Hooray for driving mocs/slippers!!!