Monday, January 29, 2007

my pattern of late. and, also, other patterns.

ann informed me that i needed to blog today. she's being carrying the reins for the past couple of weeks, so i am obliging. though usually, i never do what ann suggests i should. like wash the dishes.

not blogging has been part of my overall hibernation phase since christmas. i haven't been going out at night much, haven't been calling anybody, and generally haven't left my pajamas.

instead, i am obsessed with patterns. now that i have a newer version of illustrator and photoshop on my computer, i spend countless hours making up repeating designs to my hearts content. here's a sneak peek of some works in progress:

fishingboatpattern

ufopattern

grasshopperpattern4

this has also meant experimenting with all sorts of inket fabrics and bubble jet set, in the hope that i can - at last- create custom textiles. so far, the process is a little spotty, or, i should say, bleedy. but i already see improvement, and hope to make some *new* projects out of the *new* fabric soon.

in the meantime, to feed my growing addiction, i ordered this book on japanese fabrics that i can't wait to get in the mail.

tenugui

and while i was ordering japanese things, i also picked myself up one of these.

unazukin nesting doll

okay, and maybe one of these.

unizuken nesting doll 2



9 comments:

Unknown said...

love the little dolls! What's the link, please?

ann & dabney said...

dolls can be found on jlist.com

Lillet Langtry said...

I want things in that grasshopper fabric!! Please please please please make it happen!

xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

We bought those dolls for our sisters as X-Mas presents... but none for us. *sniff* I need to go buy one for myself!!

Jeff G said...

Alien Abduction fabric is brilliant Dab!

Ashbloem said...

I heart the grasshoppers!

toronto craft alert said...

omigod. need that japanese fabric book. got the isbn handy?

and i'm really digging your fisherman scene pattern - well done.

ann & dabney said...

i know, right? it killed me too.

it's called something like "haikara tenugui annai" or "high color tenugui guide" depending on where you look. here's the ISBN: 4309280110

i know there's a copy on ebay, but i went through www.yesasia.com where it was a bit cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Love the ufo pattern. Can you make wallpaper or border strips of it?