Monday, January 22, 2007

here a wot, there a wot

last night, we enjoyed the company of boston tara and a new friend over a gorgeous meal of ethiopian food - catered by dabney.

Dabney in Kitchen

it just so happens that one of our local corner shops happens to be owned by an ethiopian family that thankfully does a great job with providing our neighborhood with all the right ingredients.

Ethiopian Spices

washing, chopping, measuring, stirring, sautéing - dabney was in that kitchen for six hours! but in the end, there was atar allecha, yemeser wot, gomen wot, doro wot, and yetekelt wot. here wot, there a wot, everywhere a wot wot... and man, it was all good.

Ethiopian Meal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Dabney's growing out the hair, huh?

I've been giving Diego long-distance cooking lessons. Last week he made some kind of a stir-fry. He was telling me about it on the phone, saying he cooked it up in the "wonk." I asked him to repeat that part five times before I told him it's spelled/pronounced "wok."

Ok, that was longwinded, but reading about "wot" made me think about it.

Rebecca said...

Wow wow wow. Homemade ethiopian food!! I am amazed and humbled. I love it but I only go out for it.