Wednesday, March 01, 2006

oscar pool!

superette is always excited when it comes to oscar season. though with the departure of good friend "zach" to the left coast years ago, their oscar nights somehow seem empty. you see, ann and dabney have never known, nor will ever know, a bigger oscar fan than zach. with his oscar tree adorned with photos of nominees and his gold lamé tux, he sparkled as our local oscar host and oscar pool administrator. the pool was always one of the most hotly-contested battles of the year, pitting film buff against film buff, often with the casual matinee goer coming out on top.

in an effort to recreate just a bit of his magic, ann and dabney co-opt dear zach's pool each year and rope in their co-workers and friends. now that they have their own business, there are no co-workers to lure. this year, they invite YOU, devoted superette readers, to play along. no entry fee required.

for a ballot, email them at <superette@verizon. net> then watch the oscars on sunday night, march 5th. record your votes, and send ann and dabney the results. honor code in full effect, of course.

the winner will be posted on this here blog later in the week. what better prize?

7 comments:

Notyomomma said...

Ooooh, la la! This is *almost* high tech. One form, please. I suck at these things because I can never read the zeitgeist. I think I'll vote based on who I'd most like to sleep with.

ann & dabney said...

great strategy! we are sure that's how many academy voters decide, too. best of luck...

LP said...

I emailed you my lovelies, but , just in case, please count me in. (Even though I feel that Jake Gullenhaal was robbed.)

:)

ann & dabney said...

we agree jake gihoolyhaal, as jack nasty, was ROBBED.

ann & dabney said...

superette's fact checker (feidler) just discovered that jake gyhillenhooly is nominated for best supporting actor afterall. we'll all have to wait until march 5th if he is indeed robbed.

Terra said...

I'd like to rob that Jake Gyllenhamamama, if you know what I mean.

And I think you do.

Anonymous said...

I want to rob that Jake Gahooseywhatsit.
And then I want to rob his sister.