Tuesday, December 06, 2005

to be dark or to be blurry? that is the q.

for weeks now, ann and dabney have been working on their new mogo website: remembering their basic html, figuring out photoshop, illustrator and go live (thanks jeff!), understanding how online shopping carts work, etc... but the thing that has continued to stump them is how to take decent photographs of their product line using their trusty 2mp canon powershot s200 (circa 1999). the poor thing has taken its shares of knocks and blows, and gone around the world with them, but darn it, why can't the thing just focus for once?


too dark. can't see the shirt


blurry! ARGH.

so, the website remains a work in progress. still, they are happy to have something tangible and REAL up at last. check it out when you get a chance.

4 comments:

pupil said...

The new site is nice. I like it.

Anonymous said...

I love the site! Diego (Mr. Perfessional Web Design Perfesser) really liked it, too. Good, clean design.

But both of us did notice the dark photos. What about tweaking the dark photos in Photoshop? Personally, I'd take a dar photo over a blurry one.

Terra said...

Love the site!!! If you want me to come over and try my hand at a few photos, I would love to give it a shot (no pun intended). I have a few ideas that might work....

LP said...

I love the new site. Re: photos your issue is lighting that could be easily corrected by fill flash and a lighter background.