Friday, December 16, 2005

an email from dabney to the brandeis five that became a blog entry instead.

dabster.JPG
hi my friends-

lord almighty, becca, i am so with you on the PMS front. i think the PMS fairy looked around the female population this month and saw me and said "YOU! i haven't visited you for quite awhile and i think YOU ARE DUE for the special brand of crazy that i only can deliver." and lo, she came and she came packing a huge estrogen-laced wollap. so, i bow down to you PMS fairy, because you are worth every penny they pay you, and more even, because you are VERY GOOD at what you do.

so, combined with the holidays, i feel like crap. i dread being around my family this year. i dread gift buying (still haven't really dealt with THAT fully). blah, blah, blah. poor me. i have nothing REALLY to be sad about - i know that on a rational level - but i am still walking around feeling very sorry for myself indeed. seriously, i sat at the dining room table last night and just cried and cried in front of ann and ashbloem after dinner. and then we drank wine, and then we all cried together (okay maybe just ashbloem and i did). you know what it was that started me off? i lost an earring people. an earring. granted, it was an earring i have worn every day for the past five or six years, and i was attached to that earring, but still, it's an earring. and then i cried because feidler is old and won't be around forever, and then i cried when a great song started playing on the ipod, and by then i was just a big mess.

you know what i wish for? an all-friend holiday season, where everyone i enjoy goes off with me somewhere (anywhere but las vegas please) and we spend the two weeks together, and we don't exchange any obligatory presents, and all is relaxed, and no one has bronchitis, and we watch a lot of movies, and it's warm wherever we are. and maybe, just maybe there is ice cream.

that's what i want. and i am pissed off as all hell that i can't have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:'-(

Why don't y'all steal away to Mexico with us?

I cry unabashedly once a week about my dogs not being around forever. And then I think about having Paloma taxidermied into her cutest position so I can have her with me until I'm old.

LP said...

Re: PMS. I can't believe what I am reading! Pls count me in too. Thursday, Friday, Saturday... tears, anger, psycho crazy mean emails to people I love, then tears and more sadness.

{sniff, sniff} oh my goodness. {sniff, sniff}

I am escaping to Denver to see my brother Laslo. I don't believe in family holidays anymore, except that well, OK Laz is my brother. But he's gay, and he wants to get me drunk, then teach me how to snowboard while listening to Cher remixes and made me promise not to remind him that we always hate Christmas. He wants to put the gay back into the Holly-gay Festivus Season. Might I recommend the same for you?

xo