Tuesday, November 22, 2005

2 cakes and 256 cubic ft. of wood

armed with cake, ann and dabney took a short trip to vermont to wish dabney's mom a happy birthday. little did they know, this would happen:

cakes.JPG
faced with only one full set of "happy birthday" candles, they managed to eek out a "party dab" for one cake and one solitary "yip" for the other.

after eating all that cake, they needed to work off their sugar high and, since the weather was delightful, they enjoyed a short hike up mount tom and did other vermonty things like stack firewood - which is sort of fun for the first fifteen minutes, but when faced with two whole cords of wood (that's 2400 copies of martha stewart living or 15 million toothpicks' worth depending on how you look at it) it was absolutely backbreaking.

firewood3.JPG
this is the wood "before"

new and improved organized wood

firewood2.JPG

firewood.JPG

firewood4.JPG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah what sweet alignment...I spent my free time this weekend stacking firewood myself. Today is what? Tuesday? And yes my legs and back are still sore-thanks for reminding me:) See you in days...

LP said...

Oh man, I wish I'd been with you. I love outdoorsy things like chopping and stacking wood. I can do taht sort of stuff for hours. Just ask Heloise. I begged her mom to let me mow the lawn. This is what happens when you are wilderness deprived NYer. Wait, lawns don't count as wilderness, do they?

Unknown said...

Wow, nice stacks.