Monday, February 05, 2007

i finally got a treasury...

i have been stalking etsy for weeks now and finally got a treasury list of my very own. for those of you non-etsy people, etsy is like ebay but for handmade goods. for those non-treasury etsy people, treasury lists are reader-curated selections of etsy items for sale at the moment.

anyway, here's a screen shot of my picks, including the alternates (in case my first picks are sold and leave the site).

etsytreasuryfull

i think my list turned out rather nice. the theme, if you can't tell, is all about items that are cut out, have holes, etc...

the trick is that only 101 lists are active at a time. which means that you have to wait for one to expire in order to vie for your own. if you are lucky, you'll be in the right place at the right time when one of those lists expire. if you are REALLY lucky, you can get one of those 101 spots when they come up for grabs. and if you are REALLY REALLY lucky, your completed treasury list will be plucked out of all the other lists, and featured on the front page of etsy.

those etsy people are smart (hi matt!). because i have been on etsy about 100 times just today to see how my treasury list is doing, and how many comments i've gotten in response. which means i hang around the other treasury lists and check out all the other items. which means that i also bought something today from those lists.


minimobile

it's a mini mobile from leah pellegrini's shop. i can't wait to get it in the mail and find a place for it in our apartment. ann thinks she is going to hang it from our car's rear view mirror. i am here to tell you she is not.


3 comments:

LP said...

That is the best thing I have seen in a while. I regret not buying a faux Calder mobile at the MET, but your entry has inspired me to stauk ETSY again.

:)

LP said...

I meant stalk- well, you know what I meant.

Anonymous said...

i just got my first list today and i too have checked it a million times oh and i saw your list when it was up. very nice. i like the snapshot of it on your blog though. good idea!