Wednesday, February 18, 2009

rub-a-dub-dub, there's tile and a tub

Shower tile in progress

work in the master bathroom is really coming along now.  we found the marble tile on sale for $3/sf (down from $22) and because the store had so much of the tile left, we were able to take it all the way to the ceiling which makes shower feel HUGE.  fill in the grout lines and the shower will be done!

we elected not to install a bathtub in the master, despite my mother's opinion on the subject matter. i've just never been a bath person, except on the rare occasion that i am staying in a nice hotel with a big deep giant tub and presented with all the sudsy accoutrements. 

instead, we promised my mom that we'd put a tub in the guest bathroom, so that there would be at least one in the place. 

Tub and Tile

here's what the guest bathroom will look like for anybody who cares to visit us here in the middle.  that leftover tile from our contractor really turned out nice. 

Tub and Tile

the toilet is not in yet, but i promise that's coming.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good,cause i'm not visiting w/out a toilet.

hayes8705 said...

Hi guys,

I am in a book club with Leandre in Burlington, VT and she just shared your blog with me--I love your style! I am particularly enamored of your gray floor tiles. Gorgeous! My husband and I are building a house in VT this spring and really connect with your aesthetic. I can't wait to read the rest of your blog! And we're at www.greenhousevt.blogspot.com if you want to check out our project!

Again, fantastic blog!

Susan

hayes8705 said...

(Just realized I posted this on our own blog--in response to your comment re: our tub--where you probably wouldn't see it!) Too funny! I love it. And I'm so glad we didn't lose it on the way to storage. Probably one of our dumber moves. I think I'm happy with our EcoDrake purchase. My only issue with it is that I wish it looked a bit more mod...but it fit our other (probably more important?) criteria--efficient and affordable! BTW, I saw that you posted about Neko Case--she is one of my faves. Apparently she just bought a farm in Vermont somewhere?!? I want to be her neighbor!