Friday, April 04, 2008

call for umbrellas

rain23_lrg

the last time we visited japan, we were fascinated with all the clear plastic umbrellas that were sold on every street corner, in every convenience store, and at every subway station. cheap and functional - we love how they let light in even on the dreariest of days.

we loved them so much - we hand-carried a half dozen home.

now, we are sadly down to one. i was reminded of this as i was about to head out into the pouring rain and looked in our empty umbrella stand.

help? anyone out there have any of our plastic umbrellas?

3 comments:

Notyomomma said...

I have one! Maybe I'll bring it over tomorrow? Is the sale still on?

annie-san said...

Sale has been postponed. Waiting for warmer, drier climate.

Ashbloem said...

Awww, they are so cute! I am sure if I had one, I would have found in the move. But surely cheap replacements can be found on the internets? I've been meaning to look meself.