Wednesday, June 14, 2006

tomb of the unknown crafter

ann and dabney never expected that their nemesis would actually do them a favor by forcing them into a new 9 to 5 schedule - that is, they fell asleep at 9 pm and woke at 5 am. at first, they found that waking up before the sun a little perturbing but after a few days, they settled in and found a nice, shiny new work groove.

three weeks later, their 9 to 5 routine had slipped significantly and they realized when it was a struggle to wake at 9:00 am that something had to be done. the cause of their morning lethargy? a & d are convinced it's the darkness of their bedroom. as anyone knows who has ever slept over chez superette, it can sometimes be hard to see one's hand in front of one's face in the light of day, let alone in the pre-dawn hours.

their solution: turn their sunroom (in fact, the only place in their tomb of an apartment that benefits from the sun) into a sleeping porch. with the help of an extra-tall aerobed, and their pillows and sheets, it actually looks like a bedroom.

sleeping porch
morning sunshine




5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG. What happened to the jacuzzi???????? Are you sleeping there? Is this in preparation for sleeping on the aero bed in my apt?

Unknown said...

oh wait -- I just realized where that is. Forget what I wrote above. I am spatially challenged.

Terra said...

Brillilant! I love it! I want to sleep in there too! But that might be weird. So what. I want to anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

As an unbiased sleeper who has experienced the marvels of the new sleeping porch I say congratulations ladies. We loved sleeping out there and I am sure will too. Of course it was so inviting we might be back a lot more...so don't get too comfortable:)

Ashbloem said...

I like it. I really do.