Friday, February 12, 2010

diy console table

can i just say finding a good console table for a reasonable price is nearly impossible? or rather, they are never on craigslist.

after seeing this nifty article on making a rustic bench in this month's readymade magazine, we decided to try our hand at a console table using the same concept (just a little taller).

we found an old joist in a local salvage shop for cheap.

Joist (by ann-dabney)

ordered a couple of hairpin legs from hairpinlegs.com (good name, huh?).

Leg Installation (by ann-dabney)

screwed in the legs.

Hairpin Legs (by ann-dabney)

voila, nearly instant table!  (picture below photobombed by you-know-who)

Photobombed! (by ann-dabney)

we're pretty happy with the result. it's modern and rustic, but most importantly, sturdy. i think a little lamp would look great on one end.

6 comments:

Katherine and Jesse said...

Hi! I'm ReadyMade's online editor. We are so glad you liked our project. The console table looks great.

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to do the same thing. I have the wood, just need to buy the hairpin legs. Is that the raw steel or the stainless? Looks great, thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea, materials and photos. I recently found a set of four original 28" hairpin legs on craigslist, $10 for the set! I knew as soon as I found them what I wanted to do. Thank you for the great inspiration.

Kelsey said...

EEEEEK! Adore that table SO much...and your dog is PRECIOUS! I just might have to shamelessly copy you in the very near future!! New follower here!!

Donnie Criswell said...

Wow, I love this table! nice work..

I have found another great website for hairpin legs:
http://hairpinlegsforless.com

They sell legs for less and have excellent customer service :-)

Anonymous said...

St. Louis? That's a long orange line ride back to Oak Grove.