Friday, February 19, 2010

bad catholic girl

once upon a time, i was a good catholic girl. now, not so much.

it's one topic that can bring instant tension between my mother and me. she views my not attending church every sunday as a slap against my family, even though i've explained over and over again my decision has nothing to do with family but more about the church's stand on abortion, gay rights, women's rights, etc.

now that we've moved down the street from a catholic church, the topic has a tendency to come up more often. when we first moved into our house, my mother and aunt attended mass there just to scout it out, i am convinced. she reported, "ann, they have good music there. you will like it." um, no.

about the closest i come to a catholic church these days is this once or twice a year.



No comments: