Friday, February 06, 2009

if the amish can do it, so can my parents

you've probably heard of all the people in kentucky who have been without power since the ice storm that came through the midwest last week. it isn't just kentucky, but many parts of arkansas and southern missouri have been affected, too. my hometown, where my parents still reside, has been without electricity for well over a week. (duty called - otherwise, they'd be in the comfort of their st. louis home with us.)

thanks to the purchase of a generator, my family has been able to function down there with a small space heater and their rice cooker going full blast. however, they've had no heat in the last 10 days. 

i got this message from my dad this morning and it seems that help may finally be on its way.

Electricity (by ann-dabney)

at least in kentucky, they have pros there to help.


**update: yesterday 2/8/09, power was restored.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not fun. When the ice storm here knocked out power at my parents they were without electricity, heat, water and phone for a week or so. When I was there the thermometer in the kitchen said it was 36 degrees outside and 37 degrees inside.